Change in topic description

Thanks for the explanation Barky.
I’m proud of myself… I actually understood it!

lol. I just started using a computer last year. I understood only that people do what they want, I think

Well gee Barky, if you computer guys would speak English at least, we might know what to do. You think everyone knows what a mapped drive is? Maybe thats why when I saved stuff I had a hard time finding it again. Went into some kind of drive somewhere. Boy I’m glad I just retired. Things getting to complicated.

Oh, @Barkydog, I have been reading things more than in the past, and I do have to enforce the guidelines. It’s tricky, though, because MB points out the false distinction between car (broadly defined to include pretty much anything with an engine) and non-car subjects. I do hang around to look for technical problems and hunt for trolls, but I do have an obligation to intervene in the brawls and major digressions. Still feeling that out.

@cdaqila Do ever feel your job title should be ( Cat Herder )?

meow?

@"VOLVO V70"‌, I’ll file “cat herder” before “cyberbabe” and “czarina”. I think I’m done with the c-words now.

Carolyn, (sorry - another c-word), you’re doing a fine job. I think you should just keep doing it how you’re doing it. Play it by ear. Apply reasonable actions as needed.

cats can cause chaos. criticism can t crush Carolyn.

@cigroller, thanks. I think I’m doing fine. Feedback is important, and where possible I like to ask for it. (“CONSULT, v.i. To seek another’s disapproval of a course already decided on.”)

@wesw, you scamp.

What if I were to write: The other day I was driving my car and it stalled at an intersection when I heard Cliven Bundy make racist comments. I opened the hood of my car and checked the oil and thought that he is a jerk and the feds were right to go after him. The oil was fine as I pondered how Cliven was so wrong to do what he did and then I checked my battery connections. I figured not everyone would agree with me on the racism issue and wondered what might be causing my car to stall?

: )

We all do realize, I hope, that continual discussion of concerns like this often end up resulting in rule making. People ask for clarity about the boundaries. Administrators (in the most general usage of the word) respond with that clarity and in the process make their own daily lives easier since it reduces that number of things that need direct attention and the number of decisions that need to be made. But then there are just more rules - and rules do not equal reason. So I’m just saying, be careful what you wish for.

No need to overthink it. You’re right.

Amen!

more rules ? oh no. close it .close it quick!

It’s a warning that non car related topics will get locked.

yeah rattlegas, but they won t. the thread about the police not responding to fender benders has turned into a discussion about police response to all sorts of things. its a perfectly reasonable discussion. we have a fair moderater . it won t get shut down unless it degenerates into something else.

the theme/spirit of the show that inspired this site is one of an auto discussion forum that is both humorous and eclectic. it begins with cars and car repair and ranges wide and far from there.

Anyone want to talk about the 100 mile to the gallon Fish carburetor ? :slight_smile:

Not possible-kevin