Certified Warranty ending this month on '03 Saab 95 Aero wagon

My Certified warranty on my '03 Saab 95 Aero Wagon is ending this month. It currently is running fine, I have had it for 4 years. Only major repair was the transmission three years ago. My question is should I bring it in for one last check up with the dealer? It has 52,000 miles on it, and the brakes and tires have recently been changed. I have never had the struts/shocks checked. Just wondering if I bring it in, what to have checked.

A certified warranty is not going to cover wear items like shocks, and struts. To get a warranty repair something has to breakdown. It is likely if you take it to a dealer they will check it over and tell you it needs some stuff and most likely it won’t be covered under warranty, but for $XXXX.00 dollars your car will be all set.

In other words you are asking them to fleece you on repairs you probably don’t need. I’d recommend you take it to a good independant mechanic and tell them the scoop is the car’s coming off warranty is their anything they can find that would be covered as a warranty repair. They’ll likely check the drive shafts and joints, ball joints, tie rod ends, motor mounts, transmission mounts, and give the motor a good check. They will probably also find some non covered items but they are less likely to go into fleece mode than a dealer’s service dept.

Thanks so much for your reply, very helpful. I will take it to an independent shop and recommend they check the items you list above.