Cell phone

I will ask about the service bulletins, but agree with you that is probably in the cabling. The dealer mentioned finding some corrosion when there was a problem with the rear tailgate/glass/window and maybe that has eaten at the phone wires. It’s an 08 with plenty of warranty coverage so whatever it takes from that standpoint. Thanks for the input Benzman - enjoyed having a 600 SEC for a year or so before my wife started letting the two labs hang-out in the back seats which I took as a hint for an SUV trade.

I guess that Porsche had good intentions by thinking that you could swap the SIM card out each time, but in reality that’s not practicle, or at least not in placing the SIM into most hand-helds (the Porsche has an easy slip-in-tray). BMW feature sounds nice, but wondering if you get that extra power boost which is what attracted me to the Porsche in-car phone although yet to be realized. Thanks for the feedback.

Latest from the Porsche Techline ? ?The Motorola built-in car phone in my Porsche Cayenne with module PCM 2.1 uses only 3 bands (900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 1900 MHz). In the US many cell towers and carriers like AT&T now use 850 MHz in rural areas and even the likes of Burlington, VT. This results in noticeably better reception on a hand-held phone from the same carrier than the built-in phone in the Porsche.?

Any techies out there who can verify this as confirmation why my built-in phone is less powerful than the comparatively low-cost hand-held?