Cars For Tall People

Hello everyone, I have a question to ask. Can you tell me some vehicles that are spacious enough for tall people (and by spacious, I’m more interested in the head room and leg room)? I’m 6’8" so it’s kind of hard to find something comfortable yet affordable. Oh yeah, and I’m looking for something with a manual transmission. I was wanting to buy a Subaru BRZ but I found out that it has about 1.6" less leg room than my current car, a 2000 Camry. The Camry is an automatic though and it’s still a bit cramped in there for me and I know the manual aspect of the BRZ is going to make it worse. Any recommendations would be great!

FWIW WE HAVE AN 06 TACAOMA PRERUNNER DOUBLECAB WITH THE MANUAL SEAT ADJUSTMENT.I AM 6FT 3 WITH A 34.5INSEAM. AND HAVE LOTS OF LEGROOM WITH THE SEAT ALL THE WAY BACK.ALSO I HAVE A COWORKER THAT IS 6FT8IN ALSO.I WILL CK WITH HIM ON WHAT HE HAS TRIED AND LIKED.TRY ALSO THE EXTENDED CAB WITH MANUAL SEATS TO SEE IF THE LEG ROOM IS THE SAME AS A DOUBLE CAB.PLUS ON THE PRERUNNER YOU WILL LIKE HOW HIGH IT SITS.

Wow!,the caps. I have afriend at least 6’4" and the Altima was the only compact that he tried with enough headroom of course I dont think an Altima is availible with manual-Kevin

how about the VW Beetle

The manual transmission might be a deal breaker here, but there are vehicles with adjustable hight seats. Unfortunately this feature is only available on the top of the line models and that often rules out the manual transmission. The Subaru Forrester has this feature for both front seats on its top of the line and it gives plenty of headroom. It might be available on the drivers side only on some of the lower trim models, not sure. The Ford Escape also has this, but I think you get the eco-boost 4 and automatic with this.

A video channel I watch regularly has a guy that’s 6’8" and he owns a Honda Element.

Scion xB? I fit fine, 6’5", with major headroom needs.

Honda Fit with manual transmission.
Plenty of head and leg room and you can easily get 40+ mpg.

My six-speed Versa is better than most I’ve seen, I’m only 6’ 1", but a lot of my height is in my upper body.

Thanks guys. I’ve been looking into Subaru now since they seem to offer more room than my Camry in both head and leg room, plus, the models I’ve seen so far offer a manual transmission. Of course though, I am going to check into the vehicles you all mentioned just to make sure which one suits my needs better.

My 6 foot 11 inch student teacher found a Dodge Dakota was one of t he few vehicles he could fit comfortably in.

I did speak to a co worker that is 6ft8 with a 38inseam and he found great room in the 2012 hyundai sedan thou he was not sure what model.btw our 2wd 06 tacoma has served us well with 99975miles.