Carburetor help

If you decide to rebuild the carb, make sure you get a carb kit that has ethanol compatible components.

If you replace the carb with a rebuilt, make sure that carb was rebuilt with ethanol compatible components.

Tester

The tang is the part of the float that actually touches the bottom of the needle. You bend it to adjust the float up or down. This is done with the cover upside down.

1 Like

At Keith yeah with cover upside down give me some time Iā€™ll take a photo of the needle

The carb is a Carter BBD. What engine is in this Dodge?

I couldnā€™t tell you its ether a 454 or a 318 heres the float

That is a Holley 2210 carburetor, 360 engine. The Carter BBD is smaller, used on the 318.

1 Like

And dont know what the is called but looks like some king a fuel stopper

Hope this works heres the float thing u asked for keith

Volvo thank you I just didnt try it because I figured theres a limit no way they would allow edits

So far it looks good. Could you take a picture of the carb cover upside down from the side so I can see the clearance between the float and the cover.

Just move the float up with needle and seat in place, you can find the specs but in general if the float move above horizontal it needs to be adjusted.

Sorry had to make another account as they gave me a daily limit which is stupid here and Nevada was right itā€™s a holley carb Iā€™ll take a photo soon of need my phone too dead to use flash

I will when I can use my flash on phone and itā€™s a holly carb15700518214078987782613377318992

I will Uploading: 15700519012621346748959102648017.jpgā€¦

Wow this forum is so restricted

You can thank the spammers for that. Since these restrictions have been in place, it has been pretty much spam free. Without them, the moderators could hardly keep up removing all the spam and it did not make for a good experience for us at that time.

But it can lead to unintended consequences.

Yeah well they only allowed me 20 replies until tomarrow how bs is that how do they expect people to get help

I get that it is annoying but please believe me that the moderators are doing their best. Iā€™ve been a member of this forum since the late 90ā€™s and I have seen a lot of the issues they have had to deal with. I am not one of them but I do have a great deal of respect for them.

I donā€™t know why you are being auto-flagged but Iā€™m guessing that something makes you look like a spammer to the system. I know your not and when these posts are reviewed, I suspect they will be restored and you may even get an apology from one of the moderators.

Donā€™t take it personal though, it isnā€™t. Its just the system trying to keep this website a positive experience for everyone but sometimes it doesnā€™t quite work for everyone. That can be frustrating for someone on their first visit.

Edit: for future reference, you can reply to several people in one post instead of individual posts. I know a personal post to each person is more polite than a single mass post, but we all know about this issue so we do not take it as impersonal if you do combine your responses into one.

1 Like

I understand well I guess Iā€™ll have to continue this epic carb quest tomorrow

Please do keep us informed.

Hi @Shannon_Crawford @shannonbrime01_158101 @keith said it well. I restored your posts and regret the inconvenience to you. I hope you solve your issue.