Car won't turn off

I have a 97 Saab 9000 turbo and I have changed the break light and now thr car won’t turn off unless I kill it or put it into neutral,put the parking break on and then remove my foot from the break. I can also light up the dash board and the headlights by pressing the break pedal with out the key in the ignition.

Your post isn’t very clear. You say it won’t turn it off unless you kill it, which I interpret as turning it off. If the problem started just after changing the bulb, perhaps you need to look at the bulb once more. Check the socket for any extra problems like free pieces of metal or something. Make sure you have the right kind of bulb and they only go in one way and probably have multiple filaments/contacts. If you are able to get it in wrong or wrong bulb type, the contacts might be sending power up a different wire instead of going to ground and energizing the ignition or other parts.

This sounds like a timing issue. I think the timing belt or chain has slipped and needs to be replaced.

YOU HAVE THE WRONG BULB… IS SAY AGAIN YOU HAVE THE WRONG BULB. Purchase the right bulb and install it, everything will be well in the universe.

Let’s get some more data:

How many miles on your 97 Saab?

[i] thr car won't turn off unless I kill it or put it into neutral,put the parking break on and then remove my foot from the break.[/i]  What do you mean by "kill it"  Your description is the same as killing it.

Did this happen right after you changed the lamp?  Does it do it every time you start the engine?  Have you had any other electrical problems?  

Do you have any other electrical problems, even if it does not seem connected or you might have had for some time.  Has anyone work on the multi-function switch or the ignition switch?