Car won't start

Hello.

I am absolutely clueless when it comes to cars, but I have spent a lot of money on repairs lately and my car is still not working. I don’t have the money to take the car back in for another repair at the moment. So here we go. My 2001 Ford Taurus has a new battery, new starter, the fuel pump is fine, the relay is fine and the car won’t start. It turns over, but won’t start. This has happened since the weather got cold. The button you push to reset the fuel pump is pushed in all the way. Do you have any other suggestions that might get the car to start? Thank you very much!!

1. You only needed one post about this.
  2. Don’t you think it would have been cheaper to get a good mechanic to correctly diagnose the problem than to have thrown all these parts at it?

Well, I thought I had a good mechanic. It was working fine for a few weeks, but when the weather got cold again, the same problem happened.

Could the fuel line be frozen?

Moisture gets in the gas tank from condensation. If there’s enough it can freeze in the line to the engine and the fuel can’t get to the engine. Then, as soon as the weather warms up, or the car goes into a warm garage, such as the mechanic’s, the engine starts again.

A engine coolant temperature sensor can also cause cold-start problems.

Never mind. I just saw your other post about it being 50 degrees. The fuel line is not frozen today. I’d wonder about that leak, though.

Thank you. that might be. The weather has warmed up to about 50 deg and now that the snow and everything is gone, I see there is a stain on the ground under the car, so it has been leaking something. Not too much, but I’d say there is a 1 foot diameter stain on the ground under the hood of the car

Sorry about that. I didn’t think it had posted the first time. This is my first time on the site.