Car wash owned my car

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber with about 48,000 miles on it. I just ran it through an automatic car wash by my house, and the check engine light came on. The car doesn’t run rough or anything. Everything seems to be just as it was before I went through the wash. This did happen to me one other time, and the dealer said that some sensor got wet.

I basically have two questions: (1) Which sensor likely got wet, and (2) is this something I can replace myself?

Its probably not the sensor that got wet but the connector. First you need to pull the code to determine which sensor is at fault, then open the connector, pour on some Isopropyl alcohol on it to dry it out and reconnect.

It will probably dry itself out in a few days, then after enough drive cycles, the light will go out.

thanks! I’ll try that. How do I pull the code?

Go to one of your local auto parts stores, tell them your check engine light is on and ask them to read the codes with their code reader. Write down the code/s exactly as the code reader displays it. Post back here with that info and we will go from there.

transman

Ask them to turn off the CEL while they are at it…