Car Talk Community Update

she’s got an emachine laptop, nothing fancy

Still waiting for thread-to-thread navigation.

lol imma “newbie” haha

After reading the original post on this topic, I now see why I was having sign-in issues the few times I tried to log into the community page, just so I could ask a question. My husband joked that I must have offended someone.
I ended up creating a new user profile and used an alternate email address, and finally got on last eve! I would like to know if there is a way to merge my old account posts with my new account, or should I just forget about it?
Thanks, I really love this site
MichelleZandonatti, (formerly MichelleZ)

Thanks. Maybe a few words like, “Wear your hard hat when entering this forum.”

I’m still having issues. I am in California today, I stopped in an internet cafe that had a very good wifi, but I was unable to respond to a post using either Safari or TenFourFox (FireFox for older Macs). I brought my Internet box with me and hooked it up so I am now using my internet provider and it is working with short posts.

This is in spite of the fact that this cell based system is actually slower here than at home. I strongly suspect that there is some code in the accounts of us long term users that is interfering with your new service.

I am back at the internet cafe this morning and TenFourFox is working for me again.

i dunno how, but I’m posting using my firefox, instead of IE that I’ve been using for the longest time now. maybe this new update fixed those problems I had before.

Keith, I agree with you abut the long-term users. I couldn’t log in until I opened an incognito tab on CHrome, and then finally got to the screen to link to my previous account. On IE and regular Chrome I just kept getting logged out.

I have enjoyed Tom & Ray 's Car Talk show for a number of years now. Had a ball be it listening to it on the radio or now online on the web. It’s sad to know that you guys are going to stop soon… I wish you hadn’t… :slight_smile:

Happy New Year to all. I would hate to have anything happen to this forum. It’s much more enjoyable and less frustrating then following Red Sox trades on their forum.

@dagosa - likewise, but I’ll put the Rangers’ disasterous off season up against any team’s…

I’m getting logged out every minute or two, and have to click the ‘sign in’ button, sometimes several times, befor I’m able to post a response. Anybody else having this problem?

Hi @texases, I’m going to see if this happens to me. Anybody else, please let me know.

It has been a while that my firefox would not log me in automatically. Has the PW saved and when I click on “sign in”, then I am logged in.

Can anyone explain how comment approval works?

When I first tried to create a topic I got a message that it would be posted after appoval. I kept checking back over a couple days and nothing. Finally, I tried from scratch again and it went through and commenters on my post were appearing faster than I could keep up. It’s been a few days and I wanted to post an update on the thread but again I got the “approval” message. How come previously, people were posting replies every few seconds (which tells me they weren’t being pre-approved) and now I can’t post on my own thread? Yes, I’m new here; be kind. Thanks.

(For example, my post above appeared immediately and I did not get the “wait for approval” message. However, when I go back to my other discussion and try to post a comment, it says it must be approved. I don’t get it.)

There can be a number of reasons, I have not had this issue here very often. Most of the time it can be a single word. There are words or sequences of letters that are commonly used by spammers that will trigger a filter. This can be totally innocent on your part.

At another forum that I visit which has to do with home maintenance, one word that is commonly used in home maintenance that triggers the spam filter there is the word scrape. The last four letters in that word are the trigger.

Wild! I did use that word but it must not be the culprit if it allowed you to use it here…? I also used the word hell which I thought might be the cause but when I changed it, it didn’t help. Whodathunk I’d have to censor myself so strictly just to get car advice!! Thanks