Car stalled while driving

I guess you didn’t read all the comments. I did go to an experienced mechanic after I went to Pep Boys. I was hoping it was something simple and Pep Boys could do it, because they are open on the weekend and I didn’t want to have to take time off from work, as my regular mechanic doesn’t work weekends.

He couldn’t diagnose it either.

Are there test results they can show me if they claim it’s the alternator failing?

At 3rd mechanic. They are recommending I go to a Nissan dealership.

Alternator, serpentine, battery all are fine. Could be an intermittent grounding issue.

sometimes something inexpensive like this might give you a clue.

I’m surprised they just didn’t clean the throttle body. Seems like a reasonable thing to do with intermittent stalling at low speed. Forget the alternator, etc. If the belt is ok, the reason the light came on is the car was stalling, not stalling because the light came on. Tune up? How long has it been for the plugs? Air filter ok? I suppose it could be possible the AC is putting a little more drag on the engine as the car ages.

1 Like

Hey. it seems to me that the problem is in the sensor. try to take the car for repair and have the sensor checked. how old is your car battery? maybe the problem is in it too?

Which sensor?

Got the battery in May, they said that’s fine.

If a bad alternator caused your vehicle to stall- it likely wouldn’t have started right back up. A failing alternator will fail and drain the battery, so it won’t start, or the bearings will seize- locking it up and throwing the belt off after an insane I-just-ran-over-a-cat-sound comes form your engine. Bing is correct- the batt light came on because the car was stalling.

Pep Boys asked when you ran out of fuel- could this be a clue? You didn’t run out of fuel, but did your engine? I am far from one to put any faith in Pep Boys (had a couple issues with them long time ago when I was in your situation- they were the only game open on a Sunday,) but i’m wondering if a DTC code made them think low fuel pressure or something. Have your mechanic check for codes and see if anything is pending even if the Check engine light isn’t on.