Car show for older econoboxes?

You can post the link. I promise not to buy it before you can get there.

1 Like

Just go to Phoenix craigslist → cars and trucks → by owner, and search for “Corsica”. It’s the only one for sale, and it has been (re)posted for at least a year.

I am struggling to understand who, exactly is the market for a vehicle of this age and type, that does not run, for $3,000. If it ran perfectly, $3k is most likely the upper limit of what someone might pay for this as a commuter car. As a collectible car, it has too much cosmetic defects to qualify, such as a torn seat back, and some sun damage to the paint.

I have many fond memories of my new original Honda Civic CVCC Hatchback,($2,000) stick shift, that would go anywhere and handle like a skateboard, the design of my Vega GT (NOT THE MECHANICALS) and the adaptablility of my '62 Nova but I’m not expecting a specific car show for them.

As others have suggested, Cars and Coffee, is a great place to meet other Car Nuts who actually have a non-judgementa, great understanding and great information/sources for your paricular vehicle

2 Likes

Ah, that’ll buff out …lol …

2 Likes

Info on the UK version, Wikipedia, “festival of the unexceptional”

I have to say that a good portion of all the cars in Europe are unexceptional buzz boxes, so no shortage of candidates. I’m partial to the back to the 50s in St. Paul. Nothing newer than 1964 and no corvettes or mustangs allowed. Sorry mustang. All models and flavors. Restored, not restored, hot rods, etc. I’m not a fan of concors where everything has to be perfect. I’m more a fan of returning them to the way they ere when new.

2 Likes

Ah, but that Caddy dudn’t have “rich, corinthian leather” upholstery.

1 Like

All kinds of car shows in Western NY for any car you care to display.You see old Valiants and Darts, Falcons and Comets.Corvairs and Vegas, Larks and Rabnlers, Playboys from the late 40s, Nash and Hudson Metropolitans,Henry Js and even a Willis Aero Ace. Last year I even saw an Allstate (Sears deluxe version of the Henry J, it had a trunk opening, the Henry J had to be loaded through the back seat.) All the econoboxes of the 90s abound.

The Canalfest of the Tonawandas is open to anything. Even the AACA meet in Elma is open to anything as long as it is at least 25 years old.

Have not seen a Hudsom Jet yet or a Studebaker Scotsman yet but I will keep my eyes peeled.

You will see 700 cars or more at Olcott NY around Labor Day including some Canadian varients not sold here and a large variety of cars at the Toytown Car Show in East Aurora That was the home of Fisher Price.

2 Likes