Car recommendation?

tC has enough HP but isnt a hatchback
xD is a hatchback but doesnt have enough HP

At least at the time I owned mine, Subaru makes one drive train and minor variations of that for the Forester, Outback and Impreza. If that’s still true, it should have many the attributes of an Outback mechanically in a smaller package, making IMO one tough little car with big car handling and ride. Which was very good with mine. If awd is an advantage to you, it’s worth a try out. If winter driving is limited to rain, the advantages are less and disadvantages harder to justify.

Maybe you should put the C30 back o n the list. You won’t pay for repairs or maintenance for the 5 years or 60,000 miles. An Acura TSX will cost about $4000 more on average in maintenance and repairs during the first 5 years.

I’ve owned many cars including 3 VWs (GTI, Golf, Passat) and currently drive a 2002 Hyundai Elantra with 135,000 miles. It’s my daily driver for a 50 mile commute, still drives great and only goes in the shop for scheduled maintenance. Highly recommended.

I think you would like a Matrix–Or its clone the Pontiac Vibe.

I think cars are like guitars and shoes. You have to try it out to find something you really like. I used to lust after the Subaru Legacy. Then I drove one and didn’t like it at all. The ergonomics were all wrong, the shift throws were too short and I just didn’t care at all for the interior. Recently, I rented two cars that I’d never actually considered owning until I actually spent some time beind the wheel; a Dodge Caliber and a Mazda 3 and thought they were both great. I’d buy either in a heartbeat were I in the market for a new car. Give them a try. You may like them.