Car radio question

Hi all,

The story is this: I have a '95 Ford Explorer, in good condition (only 53000 miles on it). Back in September, I had an incident with a guard rail, and, as a result, there was a rather noticeable gouge across the right side of my car, at about a bit lower than door-handle height. This did not appear to do any real damage to the car, so I drove it around like this for about 4 months. Finally get around to the end of December, and I bring it into the body shop to get worked on. They replaced the paneling for the engine section and the back section, but were able to hammer out the door sections instead of replacing them outright (and save me some money in the process).

All seemed fine and dandy, except for one thing: whereas before getting my car worked on, my car radio was able to pick up very distant stations, on the order of 70+ miles away, in some cases. Now I’m lucky if I can pick up a strong station from 30 miles away. The radio antenna is on the same side that got worked on.

Does anyone have an idea of what’s going on, and, better yet, if there’s anyway I can fix it?

Thanks a bunch!

Best guess: The antenna isn’t grounding properly to the new fender.

Second best guess: The coaxial cable between antenna and radio was damaged during body work and never fixed properly.