Car maintenence

I have a 1996 toy Corolla 1.6 engine drive only 6000mi year almost all in town driving I change oil two times a yr,is this O.K. I add injecter cleaner about every 4th tank off gas Is this O.K. should I put in a carbon cleaner ocassionally car runs great.and maintaned

Changing oil twice a year is fine for you. You probably don’t need to clean the injectors at all, let alone as often as you do. I’d just use the engine cleaner if I noticed a problem. Did someone recommend the injector cleaner? If so, why? There might be a good reason to.

drive only 6000mi year almost all in town driving I change oil two times a yr,is this O.K.

That sounds right unless it conflicts with the owner’s manual.

I add injecter cleaner about every 4th tank off gas Is this O.K.

Dispite what the sellers of those additives infer, all gasoline including regular unleaded has sufficient cleaners in it. No additional needed under normal conditions.

should I put in a carbon cleaner ocassionally car runs great.and maintaned

Assuming you have no special reason, no need.

Go by the severe interval listed in your owners manual for the oil change. Despite the low mileage the type of driving you do is very hard on the motor oil especially if short distances and part of the year its cold enough to put your heat on.

keep up with the oil and filter changes. Take her out for occasional long drives to keep everything loose and clean. Short drives are murder on cars.

Good answers here. The reason you must consider this severe service is because short trips do not heat up the engine sufficiently to burn fuel efficiently, so it runs “rich” during warmup cycles. As your warmup cycles become a greater portion of total running time, you are building up lots of crankcase combustion chemicals (most unfortunately sulfuric acid from the sulfur inherent in all motor fuels) that can etch metal surfaces even when you are not driving. If it were my car, I would find the longest TIME interval recommended and cut that in half for my oil changes.

I am not a fan of carbon cleaners. Many of them contain very corrosive solvents that can harm fuel system seals. If you read the containers warnings, they will frequently tell you to limit use of these products and only add them to a tank just prior to filling. If you leave them in the tank (short trips don’t require many fillups) for longer periods of time, they will cause problems. Only use carbon cleaners recommended by the manufacturer, nothing else. If none are recommended in the owners manual, forget them. I’ve never used any and my cars all go well over 150,000 miles from new.

Thanks for information about my car.No one suggested to use carbon cleaner just though it a good idea