Car Got Keyed (or something like that...)

Hello all- a question for anyone who’s had their car scratched up or vandalized- it just happened to me for the first time. The best way to describe it is that it got “keyed,” although I don’t think the offender actually used keys- the dents are a little deeper, but “keying” is the best way to describe it. I have a 2007 Lexus IS 350- any suggestions on how I should approach getting this fixed? Thanks for any suggestions…

DENT WIZZARDS

When my 1995 Dodge Dakota got keyed on both sides of the bed when it was a few months old, I called my insurance company. The repair was covered under the comprehensive instead of collision so the deductible was lower. The sides of the bed were repainted and the paint was still good when I traded it in 2003. Assuming you have full coverage, check with your insurance company and make sure there’s no penalty for making a claim. It’s a nice car it’s worth getting it fixed correctly.

Good luck,

Ed B.

Check your automobile, or homeowner’s, insurance policy; or, call your insurance company.

Call your auto insurer immediately. If it happened at home, your home owner’s insurance might offer some relief.

Call your insurance company, then find the best body shop in town and get an estimate. The insurance company may require you to file a police report.