Car brakes!

I turned my car on and put it in gear and I realized I was not moving. I put it back in park and tested my brakes but it felt like my brakes were already pushed all the way down to the floor. I also noticed my engine light on. I turned my car off and turned it back on and everything was okay. This happened once before a month ago. Can anyone please help me? I have an 08 Sentra. Thanks.

Get the codes read for your check engine light and tell us what they are. And are you sure it’s the check engine light? It could be a brake failure warning light. How many miles are on the car, and is it still under warranty? If it’s still under warranty, just take it to the dealer.

no it was def the check engine light. it has 60K miles on it. i think i am still under warranty. this happened a month ago and i took it to the dealership and they said something about the car computer being messed up?

This isn’t meant to sound rude, but are you sure you got the engine started?

Engine not running would provide less brake boost, so a firmer feeling pedal.

i’m not an idiot. yes the car was turned on.

"i think i am still under warranty. this happened a month ago and i took it to the dealership and they said something about the car computer being messed up? "

Let me get this straight. You took the car to the dealer, but didn’t bother to find out what the actual problem was, what it would take to repair, or even your warranty status? Then you come here, instead of asking the dealer you were already at, what your problem/solution would be? So, the first sentence of your last post if open to debate.

If the car is still under warranty take it back to the dealership and let them find the problem and repair it. If it’s a bad computer tell them to replace it. Don’t let it go until the warranty expires and the expense is on you. A new computer will run into several hundred dollars in repair costs.