Car and Truck typecasting

I told my IT Professor I was a mechanic and he told me he chose a Jag XJ for a full resore,it destroyed all my faith in him.

Snot nose punk in the late 70’s Camaro,teenager ready to die in the CJ5. We always called BMW Z3’s chick cars but the Z3 Roadster was scary fast and could turn and stop just as good.

Yuppie days were always e-30 BMW (320’s) or SAAB Turbo900’s (we sold both the same Dealer)
911 owners you never got close to,they could turn on you qicker than a rabid dog.

I give up, does this fall under repair, or maintinence ?

YuGo - Sometimes you go…sometimes you don’t.

maintinence, we are maintaining faith in the type of people that keep all these cars and trucks on the road.

Subaru wagon; I love the democratic party and trees. (an avid REI shopper) early '80’s ford pickup. highschool boy that wanted a car.

New Mercedes - I never keep my car more than 2 years

I drive a 2008 Yaris.

OK let’s hear it.
Who did I vote for? What are my hobbies? What is my occupation? What is my sexuality? What music do I listen to?

Let’s see… himmm you didn’t mention what color it was, but the way you presented the question I would bet red.
I would bet you voted for Obama, (maybe not because you are a democrat, but just because you though he was the better of the group). I’ll bet you are in your mid thirtys. I would bet you have something to do with simi white coller work (officework as well as hands on). Hobbies… I would bet you like doing stuff with your wife (walks, talks, dinner). And of course posting to this site.
I bet you like the beatles.
'course this is all just a bunch of guesses, but I bet at least a few apply.

Nice try but about the only one you got right was posting on the internet and doing stuff with my wife, and also stuff without her. Motorcycle riding, target shooting model airplane flying.
The car is grey, I’m mid 50s, I like surf music, british blues, old school honky-tonk style country, classical, and I listen to a lot of AM talk radio while driving.
Just goes to show just how inaccurate stereotypes can be.

Anybody make a gun rack for a Yaris?

I did get you as a straight guy too.
I dunno if they make gun racks for’um yet… perhaps you could be the first! make your millions on compact car gun racks!
Steryotypes are just fun, I just see it that if you see more than three people that drive the same way in the same car (or have simalir bumper stickers) You can bet other people have seen cars that act the same way. (not all drivers are steryotypical, just sometimes you see a certain type of person driving a certain car more than other types e.g. how many loggers drive a prius? it would make more sense to have something that gets them up to their logging sites, such as a 4x4)

You nailed the Volvos-how about the high mileage stickers or medalions or whatever?-Kevin

I would have guessed dark blue or gray and liberal with maybe centrist leaning,music, teacher or musician,typical hetro,easy jazz.You should be able to mod an overhead rack of some sort,probaly be toting a carbine in that car and I bet you run a vehicle for a long time-Kevin

I can name at least one person who is a religious conservative, listens to Rush on the radio, and lives and believes in free market capitalism and drives a Prius.

He really just likes the car and admires the innovation. It’s not like these are hair shirt cars that you have to suffer to drive.

Just a side note. I have always wondered why anyone would FINANCE a LUXURY CAR to prove he was RICH… But surely, Bentley and Rolls Royce and Ferrari don’t offer ZERO interest loans or lease plans.

I have always questioned if it’s really a “luxury car” if you’re working like a slave to pay for it.

I just bought a 2005 Crown Vic at an auction for highway patrol cars, 88K miles, drives and looks like new…$3800. If it’s like my similar '98 model, it will deliver the lowest cost per mile in the most comfort and safety transportation possible.
So, please, typecast me…Oh, these cars come with a bonus. They are FUN to drive!

“Expedition, Yukon, Explorer etc TWO WHEEL DRIVE…- White people from back east.”

Buffy and Biff are both going to hit you with their purses!

The people that own Bentleys and Ferraris generally pay for them in cash. Interesting side note. On some of their models. Like the F50 and Enzo. Ferrari asks you if you want to buy one, you don’t ask them.

I’d like to point out that my Volvo’s high-mileage medallion is inside the car, on the glovebox (and I could get another, except I feel that Ford have cheapened the whole thing by demanding $16 rather than proof!)

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=445065