Car almost stalls when I first turn it on

Hello,

I have noticed that when I first turn on our Honda Fit and start driving without letting the car “warm up” the car has a light stalling feel, it never actually stalls but it feels like it could when I first accelerate. After about a minute of driving, that feeling is gone.

The spark plugs were all changed about 6 months ago.

Thank you,

model year? mileage? engine?

It could be a number of things. It could be a problem with the variable spark timing, the valve timing (I believe this car has VTEC - variable valve timing), fuel delivery, etc. You’re going to need to take this to a mechanic.

II would look at some of the things you might be able to do yourself. such as idle air control valve and the mass airflow sensor. It’s quiet possible that, as Whitey said, the valves need adjusting.

If there has been a battery disconnect recently, you might need to perform a system reset. To accomplish that you need to remove negative battery cable. Now you need to electrically attach negative cable to the positive cable and leave them connected together for at least fifteen seconds. This will clear PCM to put it in a learning mode. Might help, might not.