Can the air conditioner be TURNED OFF? 2013 Lexus RX350

From his post he learned quoting him
"One must go into the navigation system to turn it off."

Mr. Gift, I’m mostly of Scottish descent also but I don’t quibble over a few pennies. :smiley:

Can one go into the Navigation Menu and turn the air conditioning off while moving?
I could put in GPS address as wife is driving, but the GPS will not allow it if moving.
I still have not learned how to turn it off.

If alone in the Camry, I open rear passenger window fully. Open front passenger window 1/3.
Apparently, open rear scoops air in, air flows clockwise through the car and out the higher front window opening. If I fully open the passenger front window, I can feel less circulation!

If we still had the old floor vents like in the old cars, we could get a little air flow without an open window or the AC on.

That’s why I keep my old Dakota. Some day I’ll get a rusted out spot…just in the right place.
Then during the winter I’ll have to stuff an old pair of skivvies in the hole to keep the cold air out.

Yosemite

Robert Gift wrote:
Amazed how many drivers have their air conditioner running when it is nice and cool outside in the evening.

Cool evening air is usually damp. Maybe you like damp air blowing on you, but I (and probably most people) prefer drier air.

I don’t want to have to go into a “menu” or a “screen” to control anything on a car.

That’s why I want a simple ON/OFF switch.
And system may not allow Menu access when vehicle is moving.

@Robert Gift

You need a switch that is clearly labeled “penny pincher”

:wink:

Climate and audio screens are accessible while moving. You can’t type in a destination or adjust custom settings/maintenance reminder while moving, some screens take too much focus or are unnecessary while driving.

You need a switch that is clearly labeled "penny pincher"
It could be so labeled! Now to bed. Up at 0330 to transport blood to a hospital 224 miles away.

Get some sleep . . . you have to be alert, so that you can stop on a dime, because that hypothetical baby might be crossing the road when you round the bend

Never go around a blind curve faster than I can stop if a fawn is in the road, as last Saturday night. Mother and fawn.