Can I use Liquid Nails to fix a hole in my exhaust?

I used ‘Tiger Patch’ for a temp fix. Uses Exhaust heat to cure to a hard patch. http://www.pepboys.com/images/productImages/76968100/00078727002706_CF___JPEG_3.JPG

1 Like

Depends on where it is located, meaning how hot it is going to get. You’ll need to research the maximum temperature the product can take. It is likely to work on a tailpipe which usually doesn’t get too hot, might work on a muffler, but if used forward of the muffler might severely soften, melt, or worst case - burn up. Years ago I successfully patched a muffler with a wrap of commercial “muffler bandage” and have performed some temporary fixes with steel “tin” cans and galvanized wire, but within a year you’re likely to have to replace it anyway.

When paying someone to replace it, go to a good shop that uses at least OEM grade material - many of the common franchise muffler shops offering “lifetime” warranties use cheap mufflers that last just a year or two and replace those parts for “free” but charge for associated pipes and fittings and in the long run wind up costing more.

I’ve used roof flashing + high temp RTV silicone caulk + worm drive hose clamps.
Both times it lasted several years until a hole developed in an un-patchable place.

1 Like

if it`s only a finger size hole why bother even fixing it, just let it go it makes your car sound like a race car.

If you have ever been ill because of an exhaust leak like I have you would not make that suggestion even in jest.

2 Likes