Can I use a different size tire for my car?

It will fit the wheel OK. 20mm difference isn’t enough to matter.

There is the optional 195/50x16 tire. Not a 15" tire. Won’t fit on your wheels.

Walmart is mistakenly listing the Prius tires for the Prius C. Different car.

1 Like

No experience w/the Prius C myself. The second tire is 20 mm wider tread width, and will also have an increased diameter. Besides the speedo problem and whether the tire will fit in the wheel well w/out rubbing, Toyota’s engineers design & test the suspension and steering system only for certain size tires. Using a different size may adversely affect the vehicle’s handing. Unless you can somehow independently confirm the 195 tire actually is compatible w/your car, suggest to stay with the tire size(s) recommended per the sticker located in the driver’s side door latch area.

1 Like

You didn’t. But as @thegreendrag0n noted above and I confirmed at tirerack.com, the 195/50R16 was an optional tire for your vehicle. You can’t use that tire unless you buy new 16" wheels for your car first. The 195/60R15 is a very close match to the optional tire so if the optional tire fits, so will it.

The 175/65R15 is not a commonly used tire size so the selection will be limited. The 196/60R15 is a more common size so there will be more tire brands and models to select from.

Actually . . . 195/65R15 is a more common size

You mentioned 196/60R15, which seemed like a typo . . . ?!

My bad, typo.