Camry LE 2004 parking brake

It wasn’t too obvious to you. 50yrs doing brakes - yea right.

2 Likes

Why are you yammering about changing brake shoes? I’m talking about the correct way to adjust the parking brake cables given that the auto-adjusters are currently working properly and thus the shoes are already adjusted properly. Please keep up here.

;-]

You’re the ne who made the idiot statement that the star-wheel has NOTHING to do with the parking brake adjustment. Anyone who’s actually worked on shoe brakes no that the star-wheel IS the brake adjuster. The auto-adjuster is just the mechanism that turns the wheel.

Now you’ve been caught in not understanding your Google search (AGAIN). And trying to spin it another way. Nice try google boy.

2 Likes

I walked that statement back long before you started your tirade:

I will however admit I went too far to say the adjuster has nothing to do… (above).

Again, please try to keep up…

BTW, I don’t need Google to misunderstand things; I’m perfectly capable of doing so on my own.

;-]

Anyone who’s ever worked on brakes never would have made that statement.

1 Like

So, genius, what is the proper way to adjust parking brake cables given the shoes are already adjusted correctly?

Well - ehh, I’m sorry that I have to agree with You. :unamused:
I’ll still hope, that You’ll have a nice day.

It feels kinda stupid that I have to repeat myself.
I think i’m gonna use the adjuster to adjust myself out of this discussion as 50 years of experience and misunderstanding can’t be changed.

1 Like

Can’t disagree. So, you honestly don’t see the illogic of your answer given the shoes are already adjusted correctly as in the OP’s case?

No. It was not stated in the first post, that the shoes was adjusted. It came up in a later post post, which I commented.

Neither You, I or anybody else other than the actual mechanic knows whether the shoes were adjusted or not. The principal is: adjust shoes, or confirm correct adjustment of brake shoes before you change adjustment of the parking brake cable.
You are the - so far - only one to state that the adjusting mechanism has nothing to do with the parking brake.

1 Like

Well, at least the ever popular “Trusted Independent Mechanic” who actually saw the vehicle agrees with me.

;-]

Does he?
Pardon my french, what is it you don’t understand.

1 Like

???Your illogical statements?

;-]

Which?
Where?

Arrh, don’t bother answering. I can’t help somebody, who doesn’t wanna be helped. I’m outta here.
You are no danger to me, unless You start working on cars in Europe.

1 Like

Why do you conclude the mechanic erred? He was there…he stepped on the brakes…the OP stated the applied brake pedal height was fine and constant…

What does brake pedal height have to do with parking brake adjustment? On this car they are two separate systems.

Are you thinking of this?
CamryBrake

OP has rear drum brakes only:

See post # 14.

That’s interesting because OReilly shows the 04 Camry LE has rear Disc brakes with drum parking brakes

Well, toots, I suggest you Google “2004 toyota camry le rear drum brakes”. First hit:

;-]

Good for you. Well you are the king of Google.