Parking brake ADJUSTs

2003 toyota camry with 4 wheel disk brake

And? The question is?

I don’t think that there is a question.
I think that the OP is informing us that it is possible to adjust the parking brake on a Camry with 4-wheel disks.
You and I already knew that, but perhaps he just wanted the rest of the world to learn about this.

;-))

We did? They can?

Perhaps. If so, I thank him.

I should tell you, sudha, to please not be scared away by our joking. We mean no disrespect. Sometimes kidding around is our way of communicating back to you that we need more information.

We do care. Or we wouldn’t be here.

I guess the computer window did not show the complete question snd hence the confusion. sorry. What I need to know is how to adjust the parking brake cable and the steps that you have to go through, for 2003 Camry SE-V6 with four wheel disk brakes. Thanks for the reply.

guess the computer window did not show the complete question snd hence the confusion. sorry. What I need to know is how to adjust the parking brake cable and the steps that you have to go through, for 2003 Camry SE-V6 with four wheel disk brakes. Thanks for the reply.

No problem. I’m glad you posted back.

The best bet is to get a Haynes repair manual from the parts store. I’m unsure, but I believe the '03 Camry uses small drums cast into the center or the rear discs, the discs being the “stop” brakes and the drums being for the parking brakes. There should be an adjustment nut at the lever end that places the cables under proper tension to keep the shoes ready but not engaged. The manual should clarify everything.

Yes, as far as I recall, the Camry design does utilize little brake shoes for the e-brake on the 4-wheel disc models. Haynes should reveal all.

My manual gives procedures for both pedal type parking brakes and lever type parking brakes,which do you have.

It concerns me you dont ask for instructions for inital parking brake shoe adjustment just the cable adjustment,what is going on here?

There are three places for each parking brake system to have its cables adjusted. Nobody really likes spending money on car repair manuals (terrible plot and character development) but you are going to have to find someone who wants to spend the time typing out the instructions,find them online or but a manual.

I will go get the Hanes manual and thanks for the reply.

I will go get the Hanes manual and thanks for the reply. What I felt was the that when I pull the parking brake lever between the front seats, the lever would travel quiet bit more andthe brakes did not seem like holding very well. We live in level part of the country and seldom my wife uses the hand brake. That may be the reason why it lost adjustment. I have read and heard that if you do not use hand brake, you will lose the barke ability. I think it makes sense that there is a brake within the disk, to which the cable is conected. I thank you for your help. If something is quick that may benefit me, please do not hesitate to write. I will go get the manual.

If the parking brake is the lever type located on the center console, remove the console top cover. Remove the rear heat duct and the cable adjusting nut will be exposed.

If the parking brake is the pedal type located on the floor, push down on the parking brake pedal three clicks. Slide off the parking brake pad and the cable adjusting nut is above where the pad was.

Tester

How long since the rear brakes were worked on? The park cable sometimes has an adjuster built in. In some cars,check your manual, you should set the park brake and backup. This sets the adjuster to advance. If it has been a long time since the rear brakes were torn down( like since new) all the little springs and cogs need to be taken out and replaced. Sorry but it can get complicated since there are cable adjusters and brake shoe adjusters and springs and cogs and they all have to work right.