Camry hybrid system malfunction and fuel injector cleaning

my 2007 hybrid camry had to hybrid system malfunction light come on… it only worked on battery power but shutting off car and turning back on car worked normal but engine light and malfunction warning stayed on. 1000 miles prior to this at the 55K oil change the dealer wanted me to do a fuel injection cleaning , insisting it was recommended by toyota.

when we had the car look at with this warning light 1000 miles later (56K)

they said the fuel injection cleaning would help the throttle body issue which was the error code they found.

what do you think?

they cleared the codes , car runs fine , no error codes.

I asked them to flash the computer but they did not understand how to do this.

It isn’t necessary to flash the computer. Fuel injector cleaning is not part of your vehicles regular maintenance schedule, so they told you a fib there. But if it fixed the problems, hurray. Hopefully it actually did and the lights don’t come back on in a couple days.

they did not fix anything. so hopefully it was just a hiccup. thanks for the reply

Fuel injector cleaning would have no effect on the throttle body. They’re just pushing a service. I quit using my dealer because of similar problems. Let the owner’s manual be your guide.

If you brought the codes here, we could help with determining what they mean, and what to do about them.

dealer wanted me to do a fuel injection cleaning , insisting it was recommended by toyota.

Hand him the owners manual and have him SHOW you where in the manual it’s recommended. I know of no manufacturer who recommends a injector flush. However…I have heard of MANY DEALERS AND OTHER GARAGES recommend it.

With a car that is under warranty, the OP should demand that the dealership only pursue “fixes” that are covered under the terms of the warranty.

This 2 year old vehicle apparently has <60k miles on the odometer, so coverage of both the Hybrid Component Warranty and the Powertrain Warranty should both be in effect.

From Toyota’s own website:
[b]Hybrid-Related Component Coverage: Hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter, are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles. The HV battery may have longer coverage under emissions warranty. Refer to applicable Owner’s Warranty Information booklet for details.

Powertrain Coverage: 60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and air bags).[/b]

If you can’t get satisfactory service from this Toyota dealer, try another one. They are all authorized to perform warranty work. Maybe someone you know is aware of a better dealer in town.

they said
p2103 and p2111