Cadillac Escalade IQ

Cadillac just announced the latest in wretched excess: the Escalade IQ. It’s an EV with 750 hp motors and is reported to go about 450 miles between charges. Same format as the ICE Escalade with 3 rows in a SUV but has a longer wheelbase and total length and is even wider. The attached first look says the 24” wheels aren’t even out of place. It starts at $130,000 as an outrageous SUV should and goes up from there. It will be available in August 2024.

Yes, I think that this is a good example of Wretched Excess.

1 Like

If you can’t make any money on single units, you increase volume. Mary is always right. Just ask her. Maybe the plan is to sell the brand to stelentis or someone. A lot of that brand unloading going around.

Heh heh, I remember in the old days everyone was adding an extension to their garages to be able to fit the new cars in. Not sure how you’d fit this one in.

Excessive what? Size? Yeah, its big.

Excessive cost? Yeah, no. Cadillac has always sold cars that cost more than twice the cost (or more) of a Chevy. BMWs EV Suv is $111K. The Tesla Model X long range is $100K.

Range Rovers cost $166K and up. A Jaguar F Pace is $66K to start. A Porsche Cayenne can reach $171K.

There is a market for expensive SUVs EV or ICE.

That 1985 Nissan from the other thread is looking better and better …lol …

They’re charging a premium compared to what a Suburban EV would probably be but none of the large GM Suv’s have been all that cheap lately. The closest exclusive Cadillac dealership has their only Escalade V market up to $211,000 with the $49,995 upfit package. If it floats your boat that’s ok but it’s not remotely for me.

1 Like

A flagship vehicle. People are drawn to these vehicles and while you are not paying attention, they sell your wife a CT4, XT4 or a Lyriq EV.

2 Likes