Cadillac CTS tire wear

We have a 2006 Cadillac CTS and just had to replace all 4 tires. The tire dealer said that they see a lot of CTS’s with the same problem. I have found a lot of comments on the web but no real explanations. What up with this?

How quickly did they wear down? It could be the tire choice by Cadillac or an issue itself with your vehicle by design.

Many “performance” tires have a very limited tread life. If the new tires are the same brand and model as the old ones, you should take a look at the numerical tread wear rating on the sidewall of the tire. Check that and report back to us.

Why did they need replaced? How many miles on them? What kind of tyres? What kind of driving?

VDC hit the nail on the head, as usual.

I looked and even the base model runs 245x45 tires. These are called “ultra high performance” tires and use a softer tread compound. They don’t last like 60 or 70 series tires would, and when you replace them you may find that the replacements don’t come with a mileage warranty. I discovered that when I replaced my 45 series tires.

Nice ride, though.