Buick Century Key Chime

1998 Buick Century.

Recently had my car broken into and the ignition cylinder tampered with (assuming attempted stolen).

I replaced the door lock cylinders (driver side was tampered with), and replaced the ignition lock cylinder. New ignition key with PASS-II/VATS security resistor.

My issue now is, my key chime sound goes off when the driver side door is open (no key in ignition, no lights on, etc.). This was happening before I replaced the ignition lock cylinder (I was actually still able to drive the car with the original tampered ignition cylinder), and I thought replacing the cylinder would fix the key chime sound. To be clear the key chime acted normally before the break-in.

Not sure what the issue is. Based on what I’ve read it could be a grounding issue with the ignition cylinder? No wires or anything else were tampered with, so I am fairly certain I’ve replaced anything that was messed with/broken.

Any ideas on what would be causing the key chime to be going? It turns off once I turn the ignition to AC. Does something need to be reset? Car is driving normal otherwise and all electrical components are working normally. Thanks!

The pin on the side of the lock cylinder shown below actuates the key-in-ignition switch found in the outer lock housing. Check if the key-in switch is clean and free of debris.
Screenshot 2023-06-28 230055