Brake clip noise

The pass side caliper hardware clip started buzzing/screeching at low speeds last year. I tweaked the clip and all was well. Today the driver side made noise. Odd for both clips to make noise? so so quality parts? Not odd for both to have issues?
Shop did brakes. So, it wasn’t my error.

Resonance can be a snake in the grass ready to bite you at any time. You changed the natural frequency of the spring being agitated by the brake pads by bending. Then the other side matched it.

Might come back, might not.

If there is one thing I dislike about working on my
Camry, it i the fussy and fiddly nature of the brake hardware. Alo, in our high alt enviroment, having tainless hardware does not do much good because the rust builds up under the clips binding them and the continual rust being ground into the pads from the rotors creates metallic rusty dust that sticks to the surface of the clips.

The clip was rubbing on rotor. I walked beside car as it rolled forward and could see clip moving. Spoked wheels lets you see stuff. This was last year. I reached in and bent clip yesterday with my finger and noise stopped.

I’ve never had that problem. My guess, the clips are ok, but pads are vibrating for some reason, causing clips to make noise. Might try removing wheels and using sandpaper, roughen up the rotor surfaces a little, oriented on disc inner to outer. If helps somewhat, but not enough, roughen disc surface too. Might help. If taking things apart enough to access clips, could try a little brake lube on the clip’s contact points too, provided it can’t get on the discs/pads braking surfaces.

If brake work done recently, another idea, could be the new pads haven’t yet fully bedded in. If so, might try the common brake-bedding methods.

The hardware clips should not touch the rotor, why was it deformed? Rusty caliper bracket? Sloppy installation?

This one had brakes done by shop 3 yrs ago.
So, it’s not new.
calipers and rotors were replaced though
Is clip rubbing on outside edge of rotor? Or face of rotor?

I don’t know. It’s your car, you tell me.

I presume it is difficult for @Cavell to tell. Clip is probably hidden from view unless brakes disassembled. Might be able to see a contact mark on the visible portion of the rotor though.

I filed cutout portion of clip to increase rotor clearance last year. I’ll do it again

Rotor was buzzing again. Can see where it was rubbing
Top clip had more wear then bottom clip