Breaks

I had my break pads, rotors, and calipers replaced on the front as well as the pads and drums replaced on the rear. They also flushed and filled my break fluid. My rear breaks squeak worse now than they did before I got them fixed. I’ve had them cleaned and adjusted twice and they still squeak. Can anyone tell me what is happening?

One possible is the new pads are a “hard” material pad. Some pads are noisey, but they last a long time. Fix, is to change the pads to a softer pad and live with more frequent brake jobs.

Another possible is the clips and retainers are vibrating when you brake. This means using new clips, new retainers, and properly lubing the back sides of the brake pads when intalling them. This kind of problem is usually due to a poorly done, or cheaply done brake job. You have new pads and they stop, but are chattering and vibrating creating noise. Fix is to get the shop to redo the job properly, or take the car to another shop for a proper brake job.

I’ve had two diffent mechanics look at it and they didn’t find anything wrong with the job. They cleaned and adjusted the rear brakes and the noise went away for a few days each time but came back so it may be the pads.

Brakes - On What Model-Year Escape Are We Talking Brakes, Here ?

CSA

The clips/retainers etc. that UncleTurbo refers to are often completely overlooked by mechanics. This is because they are generally not at all related to the actual functioning of the brakes - i.e. as in not necessary to stopping the car. They mostly just keep vibration under control so that you don’t have to listen to it. In other words, one can inspect the brakes and find that they are functioning well - even if they squeak.

Have you asked about anti-vibration hardware? You can usually buy the pieces in relatively inexpensive little kits. But they aren’t obligatory when doing a brake job

forgot to mention that the sqeaking does not happen everytime I stop or slow down