Bolt head rounded off

I have rounded off the bolt head (14 mm)for my oil drain plug and cannot get it out. Any suggestions on how to proceed from here would be appreciated.

Use a pipe wrench. The teeth will dig into the metal, and grip it off. Then, replace the bolt. Most auto parts stores have replacement drain plugs, and all you have to do is match the threads correctly. The parts counter should be able to look it up for you.

I’d try a large vice grip.

Then buy a new drain plug at a parts store.

Thanks…I’ll give it a shot.

Was your first attempt made with a twelve-point tool?Pound a six-point socket on the plug