Bolt fell out

A 4"LONG TAPERED BOLT W/ TREADS ONLY ON END W/ HEAD 11/16 FEEL OUT RIGHT SIDE OF BUDDYS BLAZER.WISH I COULD ATTACH A PIC. OR TWO.

Can you nanu dog face down the banana patch?

Tester

Do you have a question? Can you turn the cap locks off?

Are our schools graduating people so incapable of lucid communication? Or is this just adolescent internet shorthand?

How much time has anyone spent looking for an empty hole of about the right size?

Could we narrow it down a bit? Full size or S10? Auto or Manual? 2wd or 4wd? Front, back, middle of vehicle?

Ed B.

Gravity. Was Buddy On His Way Back From The Hardware Store ?

Wish I could see “PIC. OR TWO” that you can’t attach.

CSA

Looks like a possible brake caliper bolt. The caliper slides on it and it holds the caliper on. It should have made some noise while hitting the wheel unless it came from a different car and was on the road. The Blazer may have run it over.

If the Blazer was parked, the bolt could have fallen off.

I’ve never seen a caliper slider bolt that was tapered. Tapers usually aren’t used in movement applications.

A very curious situation…

Is there a nut involved in this bolt issue somewhere?

Possibly a spring shackle bolt…

Look at the left side brake mount. Then, look at the right side. See if there is something missing on the right that is still in place on the left. Especially, see if you can see the bolt head of the tapered bolt. IIRC your year of Blazer had caliper slide pins like you describe.