Better to clean or replace?

Hi all, so on Monday I changed the intake manifold on my ‘06 Grand marquis with 95,000 miles on it. When I started her up everything seemed fine, had no trouble codes, well when I took it to the store the next day the check engine light came on. Got the codes scanned at auto zone.

I was wondering can it be the tps that needs to be cleaned? And if so what’s the best way to cleaning the tps? When I had the throttle body unit off during the repair it looked fairly cleaned… but maybe it would be best to give that a spray of throttle body cleaner. Other than that the car runs good.

The code indicates a problem with the Idle Air Control valve circuit.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1321013&cc=1432102&jsn=528

Not the Throttle Position Sensor.

You can try cleaning the IAC valve to see if it helps, but what I’ve found with Fords is, when there’s a problem with the IAC valve, it usually requires replacement.

Tester

This might be informative.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses. When I get home and have time I’ll be sure to check it out and let you guys know if I can get the light off and her her back on the road again.

I know this might sound stupid, but does my car have a iac valve? I know starting in ‘05 ford went with the DBW (drive by wire) type throttle body assembly… I just wanted to double check as I can’t recall seeing the iac valve when I was repairing the intake.

Turns out the throttle body needed to be cleaned. All is well with the car now.

1 Like

Good going. Thanks for sharing your good news.

1 Like

Excellent job OP on getting the problem solved. Best of luck

1 Like