Better resale value?

Hello,
Which car can hold better resale value after 2 years and more likely to be picked by craigslist or dealers ? Choices are Acura RDX, Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 and Lexus NX200t.
How do dealers (or carmax) buy vehicles, couple of thousand less than kbb ?
Regards

Mercedes will have the worst. Acura and Lexus will probably have similar depreciation percentages, but in total dollar amount the Acura will lose less because it costs less.

When people sell/trade in their car to a dealership, they’re essentially paying a convenience fee. They “pay” a few grand by not getting as much as they could for the car in exchange for not having to deal with all the dolts that you have to deal with when you sell a car yourself - the people just out to test drive stuff, or trying to convince you that your 4 year old luxury car is only worth a few thousand bucks, or skeezy people that you don’t really want knowing where you live, stuff like that.

Kelly Blue Book is a guide only. Most dealers use Black Book which is usually lower and also a guide. Just because one make might have a better resale today that could change in a year or two depending on supply and demand. And if you are concerned about resale then keeping vehicle in the high price range for only two years is silly.

Cars.com has a way for you to look up the projected resale value according to ALG
The Lexus NX isn’t on here but the Acura is estimated to be worth 64% after two years. http://www.cars.com/go/alg/index.jsp#

When people sell/trade in their car to a dealership, they're essentially paying a convenience fee. They "pay" a few grand by not getting as much as they could for the car in exchange for not having to deal with all the dolts that you have to deal with when you sell a car yourself - the people just out to test drive stuff, or trying to convince you that your 4 year old luxury car is only worth a few thousand bucks, or skeezy people that you don't really want knowing where you live, stuff like that.

That’s certainly been my experience.

When we tried to sell my mom’s car at Carmax, they offered us ~3000 less than KBB, and ~2000 less than what we ultimately sold the car for on E-Bay! (Naive me said, “nice first offer; here’s what I want for it”…only to be told “that’s not how we work.”)

Now, making the arrangement and actually collecting the money was trying–couple of false starts, and we nearly cancelled the whole thing–but I figure we realized $500/hr for our efforts AND didn’t reveal our home address! I can put up with a lot of nonsense for $500/hr!

Is this not the person that posted earlier that they might be out of the country for a while?