Better MPG from 2007 Honda Accord 2.4 with Overdrive

Even in my country where every corner garage can repair them and used or new parts, both genuine and aftermarket, are widely available, they are getting to the age where they are just not viable to keep running without being truly dedicated to the expense.

1 Like

Scottish I am, making us look good! I cannot believe what people waste their money on these days, my big splurge is a smoothie at costco, was there with the daughter and bought her one also, I am I can’t believe how much they charge,but I really like it,she is like dad that is cheap and it is great. Like I saved $400 for a washer and dryer that did not connect to my smartphone, saw on price is right a $5400 smart refrigerator, There must be a lot of people with a lot of money who care not.

1 Like

At that price I’d better be able to sit on it and go to the grocery store to load it up!

3 Likes

My wife is a techno-junkie. We have a wifi washer and dryer. We have a toaster with an electric motor. See, the old-fashioned ones spread crumbs when the toaster “ca-chunks” up the toasted bread. So we have one with a motor that slowly raises up the bread, in a quiet, dignified manner.

I was going to the grocery store. I asked my wife if she needed anything. She looked at her phone, then said “My car only has 3 gallons of gas. Can you take it and fill it up on the way?”

Nothing eats gas like sitting waiting for lights with engine running. Plan your trips as best you can to avoid getting in long waits at traffic lights.

Friend bought truck and only used it for work. 2 mile drive. <20k miles in 10 yrs.
Bought it 2yrs old-60k miles. Sold it @12yrs-78k miles.

Cavell , what does that have to do with the original question ? Also Scott has not returned to answer any questions such as - did the mpg change - is this his first vehicle - and why he thinks his car is not getting better mpg.

3 Likes