Best stuff for a shiny car

What’s the best shine and protectant product out there, and where do I find it? I heard about a product called F-11 (?) that’s supposed to be great, but can’t find it anywhere.

A properly (professionally) applied high-quality ceramic coating will be a long-lasting shine and paint protectant that is probably the highest-quality choice. But it’s expensive, and unless your car is something special like a show car or an exotic – or you just don’t want to have to be bothered with waxing your car ever, it may not be worth it to you.

If you’re looking for a DIY option that doesn’t cost 3-figures, I like Meguiars Ultimate synthetic polymer spray coating. You’ll have to re-apply that every couple of months or so (frequency will depend on how much time the car spends outside in the elements).

1 Like

Just any name brand vehicle wax is good enough . I only wax our 2010 3 or 4 times a year and it still looks good.

Now if you want real good videos and articles about vehicle care go to the Autogeek web site .
Don’t waste your money on some over priced after market coating .

I do see Meguiars at the stores I frequent. Being in a wintery state, we wash our garaged cars about once a month. Is one supposed to reapply after washing?

It should hold up to several washings. Me, I never wax, store the cars in a garage at home and at work, look fine after 9 and 12 years. Heresy!

1 Like

Using a good quality product such as the ones available from Meguiar’s or Griot’s Garage as long as you apply more than one coat at a time you should go 6mo or longer before you need to reapply. Autozone has Griot’s products on the shelf at least around here.