Best options for a spare tire

What George mentioned, mounts in hitch receiver, swings out to open hatch.

3 Likes

Other than new vehicles equipped with Run Flat tires, I have seen lots of NEW vehicles without a spare and tools, or not even a place for then, including but not limited to Volvo, Land Rover (both came with a can of fix a flat), either or Hyundai/Kia (for an extra $300 or $600 you can buy the spare tire kit, forgot the amount) and I know I am missing a few… Both the Volvo and Land Rover had plenty of room, just no spare (don’t remember year or model)…

Great option. Might be an issue with towing though.

I thought this was a pretty cool idea but it appears they only have solution for 21-24 Outlander. Might be worth calling to find out why it wouldn’t fit your 2020…

I don’t mind the donut spare tire option myself. Takes less room, but you can usually still drive the car to the next service shop if you get a flat. Don’t dismiss the donut option, esp if you are thinking of placing it in the passenger area…

1 Like

Mine are overinflated. I can always let air out if it’s still overinflated when the tire is actually needed.

1 Like

Also don’t forget a giant tire bag for the dirty flat tire to protect your interior.

1 Like

Old blanket works good too… But yeah, I know we kept rolls of big clear tire bags if a customer or we ever needed them…worked great for trash bags also… lol