Best car for a single, 53yo gal wanting to turn heads

Along those lines, a Miata would be a lot better used car (for $15k) than a Boxster.

$15K can get you into an '02-'05 Thunderbird convertible.

Is price not a factor? Anyway, drop the wagon and get yourself a coupe!

IMHO nothing is sexier than a well-figured girl in high-cut cutoff jean shorts and a halter top in a Jeep Wrangler with the roof and doors off. In a good climate, that is. Up here in NH you’d have to wait a few months.

By the way, what are you doing for dinner tonight?

The vehicle a woman is in is irrelevant to me. What gets me going is a woman playing slide guitar and belting out some gut wrenching blues :slight_smile:

“Sexy” comes in many ways. One of the most eye-catching scenes I ever saw was in the sixties when an attractive woman in her late twenties, dressed in a navy blue suit, white silk blouse, and stiletto heels got into a red Sunbeam Alpine sports car. She combined class and sportiness! She turned everyone’s head!

U need a car to haul stuff and a bright color. Light blue is invisible. Go for red.

You have a problem because you need cargo space but there is nothing that has it that is cool. I’d like to suggest you split your 15K budget and spend half of it on a Pontiac Vibe or Toyota Matrix 2008 or older. (they are the same car with a different back window) Then spend the other half on a Mazda Miata or Mustang Convertible. Its fine to have an automatic but a convert is a must. With 2 cars you always have a back up if one is in the shop and can use the right car for the job.

A good idea, the two main concerns are does the OP have the space to park 2 cars and how much would insurance be for the two compared to having just one? Inuring a miata for low mileage use can be done but should be garaged or at least covered when not being used much.

Here’s an idea. Buy a couple year old Range Rover that’s prone to break downs. A woman stalled on the side of the road with the hood up will get lots of attention, and with a Range Rover it’ll be understandable. I know, its ten below though so my brain may not be working today.

Ya. Buy an old Miata or Mustang for less then half of what you have and you accomplish two things. You have a cool car to look at and they will break down. Getting a decent reliable car for $15k is hard enough, now it has to be a head turner ? Zz

It ain’t about the car. It’s about the attitude.

Free for dinner tonight?

In regards to that car broken down on the side of the road. . .

So the idea is that Kevin Costner will happen to drive by, just like in that movie “For love of the game” . . . ?

@samemountainbike
Might I suggest one of these instead of here. ;-]
http://www.top10bestdatingsites.com/index.php?kw=dating%20sites%20free&c=33932391787&t=search&p=&m=e&adpos=1t1&a=1&gclid=CJnglPe_lbwCFelxOgod6CcAnQ

LOL
Thanks Dag. I’m good. But I AM impressed by the lady’s attitude! :slight_smile:

I like the Soul. It’s practical without being stuffy. Despite the youthful ads the typical buyer is a fiftyish woman, so no one will be surprised if you buy one. The Toyota Matrix (and almost identical Pontiac Vibe) are of similar size. So is the late, lamented Honda Element. Another inexpensive vehicle with vast cargo space is the Scion xB, not the tiny original model, but the one they’ve made for a few years.

The Mazda3 hatchback is probably too small, but it projects style and drives well. The VW Jetta Sportwagen is smaller and less of a mommy car than what you have. It won’t be as reliable as the very best cars, but Golfs (and the wagon is more Golf than Jetta) are well regarded by Consumer Reports. The simpler German models often score OK on reliability, but the sports and luxury models are unreliable. Despite the name the Sportwagen is more practical than sporty.

My brother has a 2010 Mazda3

It’s decent looking, has good power, but it’s low and has a very rough ride

There’s now way I would drive this car every day

I have a crooked back (born that way), and that car would be a bad fit for me