Battery Issue 2014 Jeep Cherokee

Hello!

Ill be taking it in but curious as to what you think as I am not mechanically inclined at all. Would like to know.

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Never had a problem. Two days it started with a slight hesitation. At my next stop, it would not start. Boosted it and it was fine the rest of that day and the next until the evening. Again, battery was dead. Boosted it. That was yesterday evening. It started fine this morning.

Battery voltage indicator was showing 13.4 consistent since the issue began and would rise to 13.6 on acceleration or coasting. This morning it read 14.0 consistently.

Additional unusual issues are the sunroof (glass and Shade) no longer operate and Uconnect would not connect to my phone. All other accessories appear to be working.

Is this just a bad battery? Thank you in advance.

Those voltages you are showing is not the battery voltage. That is the alternator output.

If it’s the original battery then it’s due for replacement as it is roughly 6 years old.

There is no way from where I sit that I can say that the battery cable connections or even the battery itself is good or bad.

That’s what testing and visual inspection of the cable ends are for.

3 Likes