2015 Jeep Cherokee - new battery, same problem

2015 jeep cherokee start-stop displays not available charging battery. installed new battery, same issue.

Did you actually test the battery? If it’s not charging the problem could lie with the alternator. Test it too.

I have the same year and model with the same issue from time to time. First of all, this function requires the vehicle to be driven daily and for more than a mile or two. It’s just the way it is. For mine, the basic issue is the battery sensor. Since Covid I’m not driving enough and I’ve gotten a check engine message to have the stop/start function serviced. Every time this happens (and this is about the 5th or 6th time) it turns out to be the battery sensor. Change that and you should be good to go. I’d also recommend a battery tender be hooked up occasionally if you don’t drive your car every day.

What a pain, I try to take our cars out for a drive once a week, but every day?

I agree. I must say this may be an issue that’s specific to Jeep; I don’t know how other manufacturers roll (pun intended). What’s interesting is there are any number of people who don’t like this feature - I personally do - and there are websites that show you how to permanently disable it, although, at least for my Jeep, there’s a button on the dash that will do that.