Battery Cable - Positive

1. I did some work on the coolant control valve that involved removing the battery and tray. Now the positive cable is too short to reach the positive post of the battery. Tray goes one way. Harnesses seem to be routed as before. Three harness connectors on one side of tray and one on the other side of battery tray all connected. What can be the problem?

Did you put the battery in backwards, Look on YouTube on how to change the battery for your vehicle and it should show you how it all fits together…

3 Likes

double check your work

If the positive cable reached the battery post before, that implies you may have reinstalled something incorrectly :smiley:

7 Likes

Yup for heavens sake dont get them reversed.

2 Likes

The battery-in-backwards idea above is my first thought as well . If so, thank the car’s designers, b/c the cable lengths prevented you from hooking it up backwards. Otherwise could be very expensive repair. If battery is oriented correctly, suggest to post a photo.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I had 9 hoses disconnected so my guess is that a wiring harness is on the wrong side of one of the hoses somewhere. I need about 4 inches more harness. I appreciate your help.

1 Like