Balancing Tires on Honda Civic

I’ve owned a 2007 Honda Civic for about two years now and have gone through 2 sets of tires- Factory Bridgestone and now Dunlop tires purchased from Wal-Mart. For some reason, the tires can’t seem to be balanced by Wal-Mart techs, no matter how often they try. Different stores, different techs and the same vibration when you get over 60MPH. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do?

Find another tire shop and pay.

I suggest you find a shop that specializes in wheel balancing and alignment (you may need both). Tires on a Civic should last a long time.

Certain alignment problems can also cause vibration. It may not be a balance issue.

It’s also possible that the tires are out of round - and no amount of balancing will fix that.

But the WalMart techs should have picked that up when you wnet back the first time and since the new tires would have been under warranty, they would have replaced them - So I’m guessing the tires aren’t new and have enough wear on them that they wouldn’t qualify for a warranty adjustment for vibration - which means that the tires are out of round due to irregular wear - which is caused by misalignment and aggravated by insufficient inflation pressure and insufficient rotation practices.