Auto Parts Store Gives Man the Wrong Part, hits another customer with carburetor

I always wondered if you commit suicide how do you know you succeeded, Not advocating it but it is like if you wake up in a hospital you know you have failed? Course we all heard stories f the guy in the garage leaving the car running, but I doubt that works anymore.

Cars are replaceable, and nobody got hurt when Ray dropped the Nissan off the lift (other than his insurance premiums). People getting hurt or even dying can be funny (see the Darwin Awards), but when it’s suicide attempt (successful or not) I personally don’t think it’s funny. This point really got run home after a buddy of mine died after an overdose.

Quite some time ago, when I was in college, a guest speaker was a man who had tried to commit suicide in his younger years

He put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger. The bullet went in one side, came out the other, and he survived, but he was blind.

When we met him, he’d been that way for quite awhile, already

I do NOT remember the speech he gave as being amusing. It was dead serious, if memory serves

That last comment wasn’t really meant for you, more for George :neutral_face:

1 Like

I have to agree with the others George. I find absolutely nothing humorous in assaults or suicides. Violence is never funny in any form. Violence in any form is simply terrible.

Accidents, while anyone hurt deserves compassion, can be funny depending on the circumstances. That statement does not include car accidents, because they’re due to one person’s disregard for others and are potentially deadly.

4 Likes

OK, OK! I get it. The humor in these incidents doesn’t do well in the written format. Like the Car Talk radio segment Tom and Ray did about a man with a bad head injury who came out of his coma speaking w/a foreign language accent. That dialogue they had between them was pretty funny, right? I mean by listening to it on the radio. A coma incident is funny listening too two guys talking about it on the radio, but I can see what you say, that kind of humor, not so much when expressed in written form.

Not funny but I do recall hearing about a guy that had been beat up or something a few years ago and after that could do complex math equations that he had no info or training about before. Makes you wonder how much is stored in back files in our computer minds just waiting to be let out.

Another story from a couple nights ago. I was listening to my favorite radio talk show and I came in late but they were talking about nail guns and the dangers. A former policeman called in and said you can’t work for 20 years on the force without some nail gun story. His was around Christmas time he was manning the precinct desk in west Minneapolis when a guy walked in with a nail in his head, one in his arm, one in his abdomen, and one in his leg and bleeding. After calling for the ambulance he asked the guy what happened and was told he was showing the wife how to work a nail gun hanging decorations. She slipped on the ladder and as she went down, bang, bang, bang, bang. Good thing he was short. Funny now but not then.

1 Like