Auto Parts Store Gives Man the Wrong Part, hits another customer with carburetor

Yup!
And, the guy who was hit with the flying carb yelled, “Cod dammit”!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@VDCdriver

"Yup!
And, the guy who was hit with the flying carb yelled, “Cod dammit”!"

I fell for that one hook, line, and sinker. I had to Flounder for a response. I thought of one, but it really Smelt. On second thought I suppose that’s open to da’ bait.
CSA

2 Likes

Hey, a Minx, although small, even compared to a Yaris, came with real leather seats.

When I read this newspaper article, I broke out laughing, I thought it was so funny. Was I the only one?

It reminds me of another newspaper article I read several years ago. I laughed and laughed at this one too. Do you think I’m a little mentally ill to laugh at this stuff? :wink: Oh oh, maybe better not to have asked that here!! … lol …

That article, I think it was the same town, come to think of it. A man got arrested b/c he hit his mother over the head with a cast iron pot. Knocked her plum out. Down she went. Out cold. The son and mother had an argument apparently about whether cast iron pots should be washed in soap and water or just wiped clean. The argument got so heated the son hit his mother over the head with the pot. It didn’t say which side of the argument the son was on … lol .

deleted

:thinking:

It’s true though. Cast iron are not supposed to be washed. Takes the seasoning out or something. I sure couldn’t do that though so I have no cast iron.

1 Like

But, if it wasn’t genuine Corinthian Leather, then it clearly couldn’t qualify as a luxury car.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

With the popularity of faux leather and faux fur I have been considering raising faux in my back yard. Who can I contact to get started?

1 Like

Perhaps the fact-checkers at Faux News can help. After all, they aren’t very busy…

:smirk:

2 Likes

One can only hope that you are the only one!

I love cast iron. Yes, they should not be washed unless you did something stupid.

Anyone who would use good cast iron in a manner requiring washing with soap and water would probably use his new Lexus with a belt on a wheel to tun his hammer mill.

1 Like

For the record, you can wash cast iron. The “seasoning” is polymerized oil/fats. If the seasoning was done right, a little dish soap isn’t gonna hurt it. Don’t put it in the dishwasher, though.

Just be sure to thoroughly dry it when you’re done - I usually stick mine back on the stove and heat it up to be sure all the water is gone. Been doing it that way for years with cast iron that I inherited from mom, who inherited it from grandma. Never lost the seasoning layer yet.

1 Like

Ah, the Chrysler Cordoba.
Faux luxury! I can almost hear the body panels creak and the suspension groan just by looking at the photo!

I’m still wondering what happened to all the naugas?

This is the Car Talk website, right? You know, Tom and Ray cracking jokes about customer cars accidentally falling off the lifts and crashing into a pile of junk? With that story in mind, don’t you also think someone accidentally getting the wrong part at a parts store and in response hitting another customer over the head with a carburetor part is equally humorous? And someone hitting their mother over the head b/c of a disagreement about the best way to wash a cast iron pot? That’s not a little on the funny side either?

Ok, how about this: True story. A man decides to end it all. He climbs the stairs to the top floor of a 5 story office building. He runs as fast as he can at the window, thinks it will break as he jump out the top floor. Wham! Doesn’t break, he falls to the floor still inside the building, with a broken nose, bleeding all over the place. Not one to give up, this time he uses a fire extinguisher to break the window first. Jumps out the window. Lands on the roof of a car on the street below, survives. Crawls off the car roof and climbs back up the stairs. Blood all over the stairs now. Jumps out again. This time he lands on the hood of the car, survives … police pry him off the hood & take him to the hospital. Funny story, or not funny?

Here’s one

2 Likes

I don’t know, George . . . :confused:

Suicide and suicide attempts are generally not considered to be laughing matters

1 Like

Absolutely not humorous at all. It is just plain sad.

3 Likes

I’m with Volvo on this. Just plain sad

What’s up with George and his unusual sense of “humour” the last few days . . . ?

2 Likes

But not sad when a car falls off the lift?