Audi vs BMW - Convertibles

I prefer the Audi’s looks. And what could go wrong with this?

2 Likes

The newer Audi will likely have more up-to-date tech features and potentially better fuel efficiency. However, a 4-year difference isn’t that huge, especially for luxury vehicles that tend to age well. The BMW’s hardtop is a nice feature that Audi doesn’t offer.

Ultimately, both are solid choices in my opinion.

1 Like

This was the only hardtop convertible that got the looks right, IMO. All the others’ proportions are off a bit:

You don’t think that the Pontiac G6 was equally beautiful? :smirk:

Nice enough, maybe a little big in the ‘hips’. But I’ll admit I’ve never seen one of those on the road. Or maybe you’re pulling my chain…

I see Pontiac G6 convertibles in my area, and on Car Talk.

I think most people would agree that the proportions were just a bit “off” with Ford’s folding hardtops.

1 Like

Yep, a BIG trunk needed for that Ford.
Even Ferrari didn’t get it right:

Here’s a bit of trivia, regarding those Ford folding hardtops:
I’ve read several sources which stated they didn’t share any body panels with other Fords–even the soft-top convertibles. That must have made it a net negative when it came to profit, but I suspect that, at least, the hoods and front fenders were the same as on other models.

That sounds right. Compared to the BMW, Ford had to retract a much bigger structure into the trunk:

I’m not a big MB fan, but that is a gorgeous car, nice lines and almost looks like a chopped top…