Are you SURE I need a new transmission?!

That reminds me of when I was trying to buy a used wheelchair for a relative and the place I went dealt w/medicare patients I guess. Those patients presumably get their wheelchair for free but medicaire makes a weekly payment for as long as they need it. Then when the patient is done w/it or dead, the wheelchair is brought back to the company. This company wouldn’t sell me a used wheelchair no matter the price, they would only rent me one. They’d sell me one, but only if I paid 25% above the new price. For a used wheelchair? They figured they’d make a lot more $$$ by keeping on renting the same wheelchair I guess.

It isn’t car related, but since you brought it up…
when I went looking for an aluminum wheelchair for my mom I learned that people often leave wheelchairs at funeral parlors (why I don’t know) and the parlors give them away. How they get them I don’t recall, but that’s the way it is.

I needed an aluminum one because the steel ones they loan you from the nursing homes are too heavy for me to put into my trunk without back pain. I used to take my mom on trips every weekend.

You can sometimes rent them from hospitals. Or certain pharmacies have that type of equipment and your Dr can write you or her a prescription.

I agree with Bing, time to get a new or new to you car.