Ford is stumped

I have a 2005 Ford Freestyle. It has a vibration in the front end that is most noticeable at 65 MPH and on smooth pavement. I have taken it to 2 Ford dealers. Both feel the vibration. Neither can find anything wrong with the car. My initial suspect was tires, but I have changed the tires, balanced, aligned, etc. and the problem persists. The dealers tell me they have checked the suspension, drivetrain and bearings. They find nothing wrong, although they do feel the vibration. So, I get the car back with an apology. I am curious if it could be the CVT. Wrong tension level maybe?

See if you can get it on a dyno, on rollers. Perhaps the engine is vibrating at that speed.

I know it’s a longshot, but it’s all I can think of.

Yes, maybe a bad engine mount?

Thanks for the replies. I actually did have a broken top mount that got fixed 2 months ago. I thought at the time it was going to fix my problem but it did not.

I like the dyno idea but cannot find anyone that offers it. Any way to find shops in an area that do that type thing? I think that is my best bet.

Try a speed shop for a reference. Places that work with this can also hook up an engine analyzer and see if there’s anything going amiss there.

How many miles on the vehicle?
Any chance this is an engine performance problem?

Run the vehicle up to about 70 MPH on a smooth stretch of deserted roadyway, shift into neutral, and allow the vehicle to coast.
Note if the vibration remains or if it goes away and post back. Knowing this might help in formulating a guess; or at least a wild guess.

Excellent idea. Why didn’t I think of that?

We know where your PhD son got his smarts from. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, does it?

My small idea is to check all the body plastic to assure that it is all secure and isn’t blowing around. My usual idea is that the problem will never be fixed. Empty out all loose stuff in the vehicle and make sure the jack is held down right. Take a look at your brakes and change the most chewed up rotor and hope you found the warped one. Good luck with my answers, as always.