Are transmission hoses checked during a transmission flush as a matter of course?

How many times before has the transmission been flushed?
It’s possible this dealership has been milking this customer with too-frequent flushes.
Now the hoses are suffering the effects of repeated handling.
I believe this Toyota has a drain plug and a wire mesh screen inside that doesn’t need to be cleaned at every change.
If the fluid is simply drained and refilled every 30K miles or so there is no need to flush or exchange.

OK, the dealer did a transmission flush for $185 which included the fluid, the flush and unhooking one end of a short flexible line.
The oil change place charges you $200 to unhook both ends which probably include $10 or less for the lines.
I don’t think the dealer is the one who ripped you off. I am suspicious but not certain that the oil change place saw fluid on the lines, decided they were leaking, and put holes in them to assure the sale.
I have seen transmission lines spring a leak before, but never both at the same time.

"I have seen transmission lines spring a leak before, but never both at the same time. "

Bingo! Kittykatt got took for $200.

The OP says they have the bad hoses in hand. One question is whether the OP holds a part similar to the one in the link below or whether they hold 2 short pieces of rubber hose.

The above could certainly run 200 bucks but may be a dealer only item and could be a special order item which takes a few days (or even weeks or months) to obtain.
The rubber hose could be gotten anywhere for a few dollars and replaced PDQ.

The former could mean legit; the latter could mean someone got taken to the cleaners.

Maybe the OP will post back and provide info about which part of the hose assembly they have in hand.

I think I’m starting to smell a rat too. First, a quick change tech finding anything that was missed by the dealer is questionable. Then the fact that two hose sprung a leak at the same time. Just beyond likely. I’ve had one hose leak after ten or 15 years and just replace both, but two leaking at the same time just doesn’t make sense. Now the quick change guys are your friends, saving you from the nasty incompetent dealer. The technique taught at some marketing classes.

I can’t speak for all transmission shops but, the majority of them will disconnect the cooler lines at the transmission and attach a flusher there. It’s easier to get to and has move flexibility at that point. Some vehicle don’t use hoses to the radiator cooler but use all steel lines with a pig tail just before the cooler.