Anti lock brakes

I drive a 2000 Olds Intrigue with 230,000 miles on it. I have kept up with all required maintenance. Recently the dash warning sensors have lit up "Anti lock Brakes/ Traction control Off/ Service Vehicle Soon. I replaced the brake pads about 50,000 miles ago and Rotors approx 35,000 miles ago. Tie Rods, CV Axles, Wheel Hubs have all been replaced approx 30 to 40,000 miles ago. What is my problem and should I invest money in it or is it time to move on?

It could be almost anything from a $20 problem to at $1000 one. The only way to even begin to guess at it would be to have it scanned and get the ABS trouble codes. Unfortunately, I don’t know of anywhere that will do that for free, unlike OBDII emissions codes.

If the Check Engine light comes on, the ABS, and the Traction Control lights will also come on. That’s because the engine management system and the ABS work together with the Traction Control system in it’s operation.

Check around your area for an auto store that will pull codes from the computer for free. Find out what code(s) come up and if there’s an emission code and it’s repaired, and the Check Engine light turns off, the ABS and Traction Control lights should also turn off.

Tester