Another question about fixing up my 1968 442

Wow. I’m in trouble when I win the next billion dollar lotto.

That is what is being proposed.

Afore ya swallow the narative look at the percentage of total taxes paid by the upper 10%. Something like 50%. But we are going in the ditch as pointed out. Some people just putting the brakes on discretionary spending like on a classic car is all.

Stop investing more money and use it to buy a used car, the OP has one for sale.

I haven’t invested any money in over 15 years. Subject to cap gains anyway.

Here’s a list of six proposals for tax increases. They are all for high income earners or high investment earners. IMO you implied that the high tax rate you mentioned would apply to regular folks like us. I disagree. Your post was misleading as usual. I did find a maximum marginal tax rate of 45% over £125,140 (about $157,000). Now that’s a very high rate and it applies to a large number of citizens. It makes our tax rates look good in comparison. Our marginal rate for $157,000 an higher starts at 22% half the UK rate and doesn’t reach the maximum 37% until $694,000 for married filing jointly.

What else is new.

2 Likes

Nope!

3 Likes

There you go, contradicting scare tactics with facts!

2 Likes

The four of you over react much? I wonder why? And I’m the one the goes in the ditch?

You overreact @bing. I for one won’t let you get away with telling me that your traits are mine. You can have any opinions you want but your presentation is a bit offensive sometimes.

2 Likes

This was dinkeytown and the uofm campus. Look it up.

Back to vehicles…
Looks like Bidder wcblair will not be out bid on this 442…
CURRENT BID

$15,500

Reserve met

TIME LEFT

02:53:11

EST. END DATE

Tuesday, Apr 30th, 4:15pm CDT

Personally, I think removing the 4 point race harness and installing the correct seat belts, and repairing or recovering the front seats would have brought more money… but who really knows…

1 Like

Right, did you place a bid on the car?

I’m not in the market for a classic. I do look at the hemmings auction results though each month and it just seems like a lot of the sales are under the estimated sales amounts. Like I said though who knows why? Just the normal classics not the folks paying millions for an exotic. That would be a whole different type of buyer.

Yes, and two other things that I think are holding down the bids are the fender rust (obviously) and the lack of a/c. Used to be most convertibles didn’t come with it, but folks really want it now. I still think under $20k is a bargain price for the right buyer. Plenty of room to fix up the interior, repair and repaint the body (including removing the luggage rack), and still have some chance of making money at sales time.

1 Like

+1

Just got more interesting, new bidder, lets see how bad wcblair really wants it…

CURRENT BID
$16,500
4/30/24 at 2:08PM CDT by
kevintrent
$15,500
4/30/24 at 12:12PM EDT by
wcblair

New guy just upped the bid by $1000, the other guy has been doing $250ish bids… lol

(using guy loosely, could mean gal also)

I agree. The question in my mind was would I get a return enough to offset the cost. The seatbelt R&R is simple. The seat covers not quite, but not too bad if someone is handy and has some experience. Obviously the body work is a whole other monster. I am hoping that people see the value in having the work that has been done in addition to having something structurally sound. A good foundation for anyone who enjoys the hobby and tooling around town as well. Fingers crossed.

I think you were right to leave it as-is, typical rule of thumb is you get back half the money you put in fixing it up, this may be an exception, but maybe not.

Another new bidder, but wcblair back in the lead, for now…

CURRENT BID$17,500

4/30/24 at 2:33PM CDT bywcblair

$17,000

4/30/24 at 3:19PM EDT byjasoncage

$16,500

4/30/24 at 3:08PM EDT bykevintrent

Yeah, I’m kinda bored right now… lol