And The Winner is?

Well, if you only have a bunless Whopper once a month, you’ll have nothing to worry about, as far as that goes

I don’t know how the rest of your diet is, but that one Whopper won’t have much of an effect on your overall health, IMO

What happens to those 1500 cars . . . ?

Do they wind up needing fuel pumps?

1 Like

Yes, the 1500 or whatever number it happens to be in a given case, need a little or sometimes the whole fuel system, including lines. Last year, a cousin, the same one who warned me not to use regular, needed gas so he stopped at the local Pemex. They were out of Premium so he filled with Regular.

He then drove to a dear friend’s house in a local ranch. When they got ready to leave the Yukon would not start and they had to replace the fuel pump.

Could it be coincidence? Of course, but you can’t convince him of that. If I stop at a station which does not have Premium, I drive on. So, i usually fuel up before it gets too low.

One man reported, I can’t remember where, that he had problems and was able to conclude it was the dreaded problem. He got some chemical, a one normally available, and it kept gasping and choking for a while, then cleared up. I think he was lucky, but that is my unsupported wild guess.

1 Like

I go to Mexico just about every summer for a week- taking the church van and a bunch of kiddos down there to work.

and every year we get home, and the check engine light comes on for oxygen sensor issues (don’t remember the actual code off the top of my head.)
The fix is to clear the code, and run American gas through the system til the light quits coming on. I used to pull the O2 sensors off and wash them with Dawn to speed up the process, but don’t even bother with that anymore.
The rest of the ear- running around the States, and no check engine light issues at all.

It’s the Pemex gas.

Did you use Premium or Magna Sin? Just curious. Using Premium, driving probably 60,000 miles on the 2002 Sienna in Mexico, I had no sensor failures except the dreaded cat efficiency failure. and it was intermittent. I could see where this could be related, of course. Interesting.

And, the failure (P0420???) went away after replacing both related sensors.

A repeat that Mexican premium gas, including additives, is 100% US from Houston. Only regular, or Magna Sin, is partly Mexican.

1 Like

Just curious but when you rent a car is there any warning or instruction to only use premium fuel? Seems to me it would cause havoc to fleet management.

Do you mean in Mexico? I doubt it. This issue is apparently not widely known. It should be.

What is this thread about? Whoppers, Big Macs, Cholesterol, Coca Cola with cane sugar or premium gas?..I’m lost.

No Jack in the Box or In & Out Burger here in New England that I’m aware of right now. I believe we only have Five Guys and can buy the Coke with cane sugar (green label).

FYI…A glucose free diet goes a big way to reduce your bad cholesterol provided it isn’t genetically driven, so stay off the Coke, Big Macs, Whoppers and get some octane boost if you want higher grade fuel for a cheaper price.

I probably rent 10 cars a year for business trips. Never seen one yet that REQUIRES hi-test

Yes, I meant renting a car in Mexico. Using premium imported from the US not the magna sin to avoid problems with the rental fleet. In the US we really don’t have that problem although I suppose most people don’t put premium in rental cars even if the engine calls for it.

By moderator actions, AF, all threads are, ahem, about cars. We sometimes go to great actions to keep cars in the thread, and I don’t think most here object if a thread is moved from a non-car issue back to something about cars. Yeah, it can get funny, and most of us who have been here a great length of time sometimes get a laugh out of those gyrations.

This one I started specifically to give a follow-up about another thread in which I said how much I liked the Whopper in Tehuacan without the bun, but knew I had better bring cars into it first. So, I did. And, I think most of the old-timers well knew what I was doing. Sorry if this confused you. Eventually, you will get used to it, I am sure.

I am not sure you got the point of Premium in Mexico. It is not seeking high octane to buy only premium in Mexico. They sell from time to time BAD GAS created when they add the additives to regular in Vera Cruz so one buys only premium to avoid the bad stuff. I certainly agree in the US one need not buy premium for most cars. Here my Mexican 2009 Sienna has a label on the gas cap which specifically states one should use Premium.

I certainly agree with low glucose diets. In December I got very sick without warning. Turned out to be SIBO and no one here knew anything about it. So, I have been self-treating since then. When they did take me to the doctor and he found out my fasting glucose level ran 82, he lectured me that I MUST eat candies; sweets; and sugar to get it up. What an idiot! Apparently thinks Diabetes Type II is both normal and desirable. He also said my problem was poor circulation to the brain, but he prescribed a psychiatric medicine which got pitched in the garbage, of course.

Average b.p. at my age, 74, in the US runs around 155/? Mine on low carb has been well below 120.

2 Likes